|Qualification title:||Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/4400/3|
|Progression routes:||The QUALIFI Level 4 Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management or directly into employment in an associated profession.|
|Availability:||UK and international|
An Accredited UK Diploma in Tourism Management, Hospitality Management, this qualification will reward the hospitality and tourism managers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the management sectors through creation and delivery of appropriate learning for the industry.
The diploma will link to key development in areas of the hospitality and tourism sector. Contemporary issues are identified and evaluated so that the learner has a true vocational understanding on the industry as well as an academic perspective.
- Introduction to the Tourism Industry
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
- Introduction to Customer Service for Hospitality and Tourism
- To understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism
- Review and apply the principles of business management within the industry
- To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- This is an open entry qualification and the only guidance is that candidates possess an IELTS 5.5 or other evidence of competence in English at this level as approved by UK-IQ.