Qualifi-Level-5-Teaching-English-as-a-Foreign-Language – (TEFL Certificate Course)
|Qualification title:||Qualifi-Level-5-Teaching-English-as-a-Foreign-Language- (TEFL Certificate Course)|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/3835/0|
|Progression routes:||A pathway to study for a higher level of qualification in teaching and/or linguistics|
|Availability:||UK and international|
The Qualification has been created to contribute to the professionalism of the global TEFL industry. The programme is designed to develop the academic and professional skills and qualities needed to begin a career as an EFL teacher.
The Level 5 programme will require learners to gain a sufficient understanding of language systems and commonly used teaching approaches to embark on a career in TEFL. The qualification will enable learners to become independent, novice teachers with the tools to plan appropriate lessons and courses for their students without support if necessary. The optional (unaccredited) short follow on courses allow our learners to select a teaching specialisation if they wish to.
- An Introduction to Lesson Planning
- Teaching English Vocabulary
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Understanding English Grammar
- Teaching Receptive Skills: Listening and Reading
- Teaching Productive Skills: Speaking and Writing
- Teaching English Grammar
- History of the English Language and English Language Teaching
- Teaching Materials and Aids and Classroom Management Strategies
- The Effective Use of Resources for TEFL
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding of the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognise the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provision Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Transferable skills and knowledge that will enable individuals to meet changes in business
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- This qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. There are no entrance requirements.
- In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is recommended.